Thursday 15 April 2010

New computer

After months of looking for a new phone to replace my much loved miniature Panasonic mobile phone, I have finally made a choice. I started looking for something small that makes phone calls and ended up buying a new computer that also has communication facilities.

I thought of getting an iPhone, but the impracticality of programming it freely would probably drive away the last remnants of my technical background. My new computer is Android based so it should be properly programmable!

So, I'm getting used to my nice new HTC Desire. The device came wrapped in plastic bearing a warning me to remove it from my pants before sitting down. Not a good start!

Anyway, I've got the essentials working (wifi, ssh, http, smtp, radio 4), and a few non-essentials (social networking) but I've still not actually made a phonecall. That's probably for advanced users only. 

If only I could find the command line I might be totally comfortable using it. 


1 comment: