Tuesday 5 August 2008

Jobs

I was once in the routine of doing one "DIY" job every day, perhaps only something small each day, but something. It was a good routine because it got things done and I didn't spend the whole evening in front of a laptop writing reports.

I don't know how I got out of the routine, perhaps one day there were no jobs to do(!)

There certainly are jobs now, however. I am hoping that by writing this down I'll stick to it this time.

Sunday: garage door frame undercoat.
Monday: garage door frame topcoat.
Tuesday: err. TBA

In case I "can't" think of anything one night, here are a few things to keep me going:

  • fix that annoying bit of skirting board that keeps coming off

  • paint the gloss in the dining room

  • water butt

  • paint that bit of polyfilla by the dining room window

  • put some trellis by the compost

  • floor of downstairs loo

  • gloss paint in downstairs loo

  • put up coving in living room

  • paint coving

  • fix loft hatch

  • paint loft hatch

  • move header tanks in loft (probably several evenings...)

  • knock down the wall in our garden

  • check the sealant around the sink

  • write a new list

1 comment:

  1. and....
    paint the downstairs bathroom a nicer colour
    tiles back on the bathroom wall
    print off some photos
    sort out the paper pile
    get front bedroom prepared for broster no.2
    .....
    I like this idea - I could just make the list longer and longer, although some may not think of them as DIY I'm taking the literal meaning of the acronym to be true!

    ReplyDelete