Tuesday 21 October 2008

Go-faster resistors

I've always known that there is some magic required to get high frequency signals to go down a wire and actually appear at the other end, but for 31 years I have managed to get by by simply knowing that "there is some magic required to get high frequency signals to go down a wire and actually appear at the other end". Usually, a resistor here and there makes it work good enough (I am a software engineer afterall, we do not concern ourselves with such low-level issues...)

Finally, necessity dictated that I needed to actually understand what that magic is.

My thanks to the guys who wrote this site and taught me some transmission line theory.

It seems that what I wanted to do is quite impossible.

Perhaps I'll just stick a go-faster resistor across the terminals and see what happens anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment