Monday 24 August 2009

Going nowhere fast

It was a disappointing few hours this evening.

I thought I would assemble the sink/vanity unit. But...there's a cupboard missing and there's no point cutting the worktop to size until I know exactly how big the cupboard is.

Empty space:

I thought I would adjust the legs of the bath properly. But...the idea of reusing the old trap wasn't a good one, and it's leaking. So the bath needs to come out again.

Old trap:

I thought I would test to see if the toilet is still leaking. It is. Despite putting silicone around the gasket. After 20 minutes of prodding, poking, shining bright lights down the holes, I hit upon the idea of blowing down the screw hole to see if the water is actually entering the screw hole through an invisible fracture in the basin. The toilet is indeed faulty - water can get from the inlet to the bowl to the screw hole. 

Leaky toilet:

I know that I could probably "fix it" by filling the screw hole with silicone when I put the screw in. Had the cupboard not been missing I probably would have done so. However, a general lack of progress tonight puts me in the mood to ask the supplier to replace it.

Finally, in an attempt to not have had a completely wasted night, I leveled the patch in the wall and attached the door (ready for a visitor tomorrow night who might value some privacy while she doesn't have a bath and doesn't use the toilet or sink.

Wall:

Door:

1 comment:

  1. Even if an evening only results in a new list of jobs, it's well spent!

    ReplyDelete