Saturday 29 August 2009

Visible progress

There is visible progress today - I've started tiling! The end is in sight...

Wall tiles


Unfortunately, my tile cutter is too small for the big tiles we bought. After failing to hire one for a week because all(?) the hire shops in York are closed on Saturdays, I've ordered a new one from ebay at 1/3 of the price of B&Q.

Here are the nicely drilled floor tiles fitted. These hole cutters are brilliant.

Drilled Floor tiles


Finally, the sink didn't come with any clips to hold it to the worktop. I queried this with the supplier, who asked the manufacturer. Apparently the silicone sealant is meant to be enough to hold it in place. However, it's semi-recessed, so half of it overhangs the edge; if you fill it with water and lean on it, will it be secure? I don't believe it. So I'll have to be inventive and make some sort of clip....

Balancing act


And of course, the stupid bath waste is still leaking...I've added more silicone..again.

2 comments:

  1. Ian it is taking shape well. I will come and test it all in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing you then, whoever you are. Anonymous house guests have a stricter criteria for entry though.

    ReplyDelete